The big news that I have to share now is that my kit for the George Washington project (112 stitchers working together to create a full coverage piece of George Washington crossing the Deleware that will hopefully beat the current world record for largest full coverage cross stitch) has arrived. I've waited a long time for this box, it's been about two years in the making.
This is how the box looked upon arrival.
Here are all my threads.
And here is my huge panel. That's my son holding it and he's 6'2" so you can understand the scale. There are 112 panels all together for the whole project. The fabric for the project is sponsored by Wichelt.
Along with the threads, these extra notions were all sponsored by Sullivans.
And here's my pattern - 100 pages long!
So George has arrived. :0) We don't have a start date yet. For the time being the only thing for me to do is wash my fabric, let it dry, and then either iron or steam it.
I've been spending a lot of time on this project.
I started on and finished the stitching for the scissor fob. I didn't do the beading because I'll do that for all the pieces at once when they are all done.
Next I started on the biscornu.
This is where I'm at as of now.
I'm really loving this project. It has a lot of specialty stitches ~ double running stitches, kloster blocks, algerian eyelets, and my favorite ~ the buttonhole corner stitches. That's what gives the ruffled edge you can see on the scissor fob and all the pieces will end up having that.
I still pull out my plastic canvas fall banner whenever I'm too tired to cross stitch, usually late at night.
And this is a little mill hill kit finish that I forgot to share a few weeks ago. I put a magnet on it and it now lives on my fridge.
I'm going to get some more stitching done on the orange accessory set tonight. If I'm lucky I might have all the pieces finished by Halloween. :0)