I told you last week that I wanted to get the Christmas cardinal pieces finished. Well, I did just that over the weekend. My original plan was to finish the one for my stitching charity in the "banner" form that the pattern called and to have the one I'm keeping for myself framed. But then once I saw the charity one finished, I liked it so much I decided to not frame mine either. I did change one thing. I didn't like the way they hung on the banners - it was a bit too loosey goosey for my taste. So I sewed a red ribbon loop onto the back of each one and they are perfect for hanging on the tree.
I am very pleased with how they turned out. You can see in the top corners of the one on the right I stitched my initials and the year in small script. That's the one I'm keeping for myself. :0)
My other WIP ~ Honeybees ~ is coming right along. Yes, I'm in waste knot hell with it, but my preference is to work this one on a floor stand and my stand doesn't flip. So it's just easier for me to use the waste knot method on days that I don't feel inclined to work at a crazy angle trying to access the back.
I've got it rolled up quite a bit up top, so you can't even see the top of it anymore. But I'm very close to getting to the really big bee hive in the middle and I'm really looking forward to stitching that part. That's really going to be some fun stitching. :0)
So that's my quick WIP update for today. Keep your needles flying!