Wednesday, July 13, 2016

Progress on WIPs and a New Start

I've got a lot to share, so I'm going to jump right in.

You may remember the spinning box I had started working in on this post.
I got another one of the outside panels done.  Only one more of those to go and then I'll move on to working on the inside.


In that same post, you'll see my last update on Christmas in the Kitchen.  
Here we are now:


I spent one evening working on my Fall owl plastic canvas piece.  There is something about plastic canvas work that is so relaxing to me.  When I started that night, the owl only had eyeballs and ears.



I started the Wee Beastie series.  This one is so fun and has lots of sparkle, but it is detailed work.  I can't work on this one if I'm tired or rushed.


But the thing that I'm very excited about is *finally* getting to start this set that I previously told you about.
I don't have all the fabric I'll need for it, but enough to get a good start.  I have everything else - all the beads, threads, etc.  I found the perfect pair of scissors to go with the scissor fob.



This is my start.  The camera really washed the color out on this picture.  It's vibrant like in the pic above.


So that's where I'm at, at the moment.  I'll need to get back to my HAED soon, but I'll probably spend some more time on this accessory set first.  I've been looking forward to this set for so long!  It's so excited to see it finally coming together.

2 comments:

  1. Lovely stitching! Awesome start to the Halloween set too. Those scissors are perfect! :D

    ReplyDelete