Monday, September 7, 2015

A little stitch here, a little stitch there...

This is always a very busy time of year for me where stitching is concerned.  For some reason, the charity stitching always picks up in the Fall and I find myself with a few different deadlines.  At the same time, Christmas stitching comes into play and there is still my regular stitching rotation to try and attend to at least every now and then.  

Right now my focus is on two charity projects that have deadlines this month.  So once these are done, I'll be able to branch out a bit more.  But at the moment, these are my focus.

For my charity, The Legacy of Dorcas, I'm working on animal themed items for an animal shelter.  This one is barely started, but it will be a quick stitch.  Can you even tell yet that this will be a cat, lol?  I'm going to finish it into a pillow ornament.
  

This is another cat piece in plastic canvas.  I'm finishing up the background now and I hope to have it done later today.


For the other charity group I'm helping out, I've been working on the butterfly napkins.  Here is a close up of tiny little buttonhole stitches.


And one of them completed...


I'm quite pleased with how they turned out.  This embroidery was a lot of fun.  I used back stitch, buttonhole stitches, satin stitches and french knots.

Hopefully in about a week I can show you all the charity items - completed - before they get sent on their way.  :0)

No comments:

Post a Comment