Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Let me share with you...

...what I posted today on my charity group's page.  Today is a very special day...

"Ok my lovlies ~ today is a very special day. Today this group turns 2 years old! In that time, we have gone from about 5-6 members to 45. We have used our talents to help out the Ronald McDonald House at Vanderbilt Children's hospital, a habitat for humanity family that had several small children and the husband was a disabled vet, a homeless shelter where our items were to be used by those leaving the shelter and starting over setting up house, a hospital nursery that serves an indigent population and we provided layette items for moms and babies, and now we're helping out the Central PA Aid for animals where our items will be raffled off in order to help them stay open and care for the animals they have in residence, and the Sierra House which helps those in need of housing, education, and community services. Now I don't know about you, but I think that's pretty darn good for a small group of ladies simply putting their talents to use. Never have a doubt my dears, that even if in a small way, you have helped to change the world for the better! Thank you so much for being here and being a part of this. ((proud hugs))"

I'm so proud of my members and what we have accomplished in such a short time.  Stitching is such a wonderful thing ~ and all the more wonderful when those stitching extend their talent to others.  

Happy Day!!  :0)

No comments:

Post a Comment