Wednesday, June 4, 2014

LNS haul

I did some stash and notion shopping today.  I actually *needed* a few things, but you know how that goes.  So I went to my LNS ~ which isn't so local to me.  It's 2 hours away and it's the closest one.  This was my first time shopping there and I loved it.  It was a pretty large store, as far as stitching shops go.  A little bit of everything and I found all the items on my list. 
 
My needed items ~ the reason for the whole trip ~ was to get some Gentle Art threads for a SAL that I am participating in that starts on June 15.  I took liberties with the colors on the pattern and I'm happy with my choices.
 
 
Next, just a few fun things but also a few things I needed.  The big metal ring I got to put all the thread baggies on for my current WIP.  I have them on two separate large rings....but not this large.  This one will hold all of them for the whole project.  My WIP is Bucilla's Honey Bee Happenings (HBH).  I wanted a couple of new needle minders, so if you look on the ring you'll see a bee hive.  I couldn't pass that up to use with Honey Bee Happenings.  The other one I got was a pretty blue cameo style.  Two needleholder cards, also for HBH as well as a scissor holder necklace.  I do have one, but I don't like.  It's too short and just not comfortable.  I needed something longer and this one fit the bill.  Three packs of needles ~ I needed some more petites.  I also picked up a cool magnetic stitching themed bookmark, it's just below the necklace.  :0)  Then two charts.  The Lizzie Kate one has Pooh Bear's saying about being stronger than you seem.  It has a special meaning to me and my daughter and I'm going to stitch this one as a surprise for her.  The other pattern is an Old Lakewood called Remember September.  I'm a sucker for ladies in pretty dresses in a pattern, lol.
 
 
Last but not least, as I walked through one of the rooms in the LNS, my eyes landed on this beauty:
 
 
I instantly fell in love with the threads.  The picture doesn't do them justice.  I had to turn the light away to get the glare off the picture, but they are much brighter and nuanced with color than you can tell here.  The threads grabbed me more than the pattern truthfully.  But then once I saw the bees in the center of it, that's all I needed to know.  This gorgeousness truly didn't come cheap, but it was worth every penny.  I'm so glad I got it and it was the only one they had too.
 
The other thing I did while there is register to attend a "Needle Lecture" in August given by Susan Greening-Davis.  I can't describe to you how excited I am about this.  She will give the lecture and will also have a trunk show for the participants.  I can't wait.  It will be the first time I've been able to attend something like this and it's going to be so much fun. 
 
So all in all, I had a very fun day.  It was so heartening to see that shop busy as a bee.  The whole time I was there (and considering I drove two hours to get there, I took my time) there were ladies in and out the whole time.  As soon as the proprietor finished helping one person, there was someone else right there needing her attention.  If she ever got a break, the phone was ringing with customers.  Whoever says that these things are a dying art ~ well, let's just say the ladies in this store never got that memo.  It was wonderful to see. 
 
Happy stitching and keep those needles flying!!


No comments:

Post a Comment